Thursday, October 26, 2017 @ 7:00PM – This will be our last meeting of this year.
The next Caswell County Beekeepers Association (CCBA) monthly meeting will be held from 7:00PM to 8:30PM on Thursday, October 26, 2017, in the basement of the Agriculture Building next to the Historic Courthouse in downtown Yanceyville, NC. For location, click on “Directions” tab above.
Our program for the meeting will be open discussion of beekeeping experiences, tips, tricks, and gadgets. Share your thoughts on what works and doesn’t work in today’s beekeeping.
We will also discuss next year’s program topics and workshops. What would you like to see, hear, and learn?
It’s that time of year when we nominate and elect officers, directors, and program chair. Up for election are:
- 3rd year Director
- Program Chair
Nominations will be taken from the floor at the meeting.
Topics of our meetings this year:
- January 26 Are you ready? Bee season checklist [Speaker: Mr. David Bailey, Bailey Bee Supply]
- February 23 Protecting the pollinator – Apiary registration and BeeCheck [Speaker: Mr. Pat Jones, NCDA&CS Pesticides Section]
- March 23 Let it flow – preparing for nectar flow [Speaker: Mr. Todd Walker, NCSBA Master Beekeeper]
- April 27 Hunters and gatherers – Food and water sources for your bees [Speaker: Mr. Phil Barfield, NCSBA Master Beekeeper]
- May 25 Liquid gold – honey harvesting, bottling, labeling requirements and marketing tips [Speaker: Mr. Randall Austin, NCSBA Master Beekeeper]
June 22 Ouch! bee stings [Speaker: Mrs. Elizabeth Barfield]
- July 27 Mighty mite – IPM for varroa control [Speaker: Mr. Will Hicks, NC State Apiary Inspector for Caswell County]
- August 24 The armored intruder – small hive beetles
- September 28 Healthy bees are happy bees – Fall management, preparing for Winter
- October 26 As seen on TV – show and tell by members